Thursday, December 15, 2011

Carolina Pines Jr. - Hollywood, California

Carolina Pines Jr. - Hollywood, California by What Makes The Pie Shops Tick?

For a Sandwich, a Meal, or just "Coffee and...You"
Carolina Pines "Jr."
La Brea at Sunset
In the Heart of Hollywood

Unique 24 hour Coffee Shop and Enclosed Patio serving a wide selection of choice foods - in a beautiful and charming atmosphere - backed by CAROLINA PINE 30 years reputation for unexcelled cuisine.
BREAKFAST SERVED 'ROUND THE CLOCK

Mailed from Los Angeles, California to Mrs. Dorothy Geiger of Reading, Pennsylvania on February 15, 1960:

Dear Dorothy, Do you happen to have a good receipe (sic) for Berks Co. scrapple? Carole's husband's father & grandfather tried making some but wasn't too good, so they're eager for a good receipe (sic).
Kenneth's the best baby ever - & such a doll. I'll hate to leave him - but miss Mike, too. He's been staying with Mary Jane these 3 weeks. I promise to write some & give you data on birthdates, etc. Love, Jeannie

Now:


View Cardboard America in a larger map

I am not exactly sure of which corner the restaurant was located. It could be any of the four. You can swivel the camera around and see the newness of the area.

Carolina Pines, Jr. was built in 1955 by renowned "Googie" architects Armet and Davis. The pair was responsible for mote than 4,000 buildings in Southern California. The Carolina Pines didn't survive. No one seems to remember when it was torn down.

2 comments:

  1. It was on the northeast corner of La Brea and Sunset -- if memory serves. Turned into a Copper Penny at some point before being torn down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete